Friday, September 13, 2013

# 161 - Afternoon at the Museum

 
Oil on gesso panel 5" x 7"  Day 13 of 30
 
 
I visited the NC Art Museum in Raleigh the other day with my daughter.  They had some wonderful and famous artwork to view.  Monet, Degas and Cezanne.  Along with some wonderful exhibits including bronze sculptures by Auguste Rodin.
It was amazing to see paintings both in tempera and oil that were still so perfect and the colors so intense.  I snapped a photo of my daughter as we were outside in the bamboo garden and decided to paint a small figure study for day thirteen.

2 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

Gosh, Debi... I think I've missed a lot of your posts! Sounds like you had fun with your daughter in Raleigh. Great job on this one!

Debi Hinshaw said...

Thank you for stopping by Linda....we had a fun afternoon.