Friday, January 23, 2015

#272 - "The Field"


Original Oil on panel, 8"x 10", palette knife and brush

Day 22 of 30

I took an old painting that I was not happy with and decided to try going over it using a palette knife and see if I could create a new painting.  I think it worked quite well.  I smoothed it out somewhat in places with a brush.  I love painting with a knife, it seems quicker and the results can be interesting.  I have to say the clean up is much easier as well.  The painting may take two or three weeks to dry the paint is quite thick on the panel.

Thank you for stopping by and having a look.

3 comments:

Wendy Barrett said...

Love the simplicity Debi! You've captured so much atmosphere - I love it!

SamDoum said...

So pretty!

Leave the Room of Nightmares said...

Hi thanks for posting thiis