Monday, September 4, 2017

Day 4 - 30 in 30 challenge


Day 4 - 30 in 30 challenge

Oil painting on canvas panel 5"x 5"

For day 4 of the September challenge, I had to go back to April 2017's Daily Paintworks challenge and find a painting I had finished but never posted.  This little hummingbird photo was posted by Linda McCoy for a challenge called "lost and found edges".  I touched this one up a little today and decided to submit it for my September day 4 Challenge.  Yesterday I had a good part of the afternoon to try and finish a plein air or two.  What an experience.  First of all, why can't flies leave us alone!    Plein air painting is fun in so many ways, but I am finding it does have some obstacles. I find it hard to stay focused when I hear lawn mowers and pressure washers near by.  Not to mention the several trips back in the house getting supplies I forgot to grab.  So, next time I am going to have my ear phones ready in case I hear any of the above noises, also I am going to make sure I have everything I need before going out.  I do love hearing the birds, other than the mockingbird that seems to terrorize all the birds and insects in my backyard.  So, today if I find a chance I may venture back out and try a plein air again.   

2 comments:

Celia Blanco said...

This is stunning, Debi!Your backyard paintings are gorgeous!! What a wonderful subject to focus on. I usually keep everything in a basket, but it is still a challenge, I always end up forgetting something. At least you are close to home in case you do.

Debi Hinshaw said...

You are right Celia, at least I don't have far to go to get something! Thank you so much for your encouraging comments! I am going to keep painting outside as much as I can for now. With fall on it's way I know there will be lots of color changes coming.